Sunday, October 27, 2013

Halloweenie Nails & October A Box, Indied

Greetings & Nailutations!

Holidays are always an inspiration for being creative.  There are plenty of tutorials online from using fake nails or tape and making Zombie Nails to intricate art work of scary characters.  I am not artistic, my sister Rachael got that ability in the gene-pool from our mother.  They both can draw & paint beautifully.  What I do have though is a bunch of nails, polish & tools.

This week's blog will be on some of the Halloween nails I have posted on Instagram over the past 3 weeks.

I place "Halloweenie" nails into 2 categories 1) nail art & 2) Halloween themed nail polish

There are many nail art challenges online which provide themes or guides on what to paint on your nails.  I loosely follow a few challenges to help with inspiration.

This first one is from a theme of blood bath....I'm not into scary movies (I'm a huge scaredy cat).  So I opted for taking drips of red nail polish (China Glaze Merry Berry) just on the tips of my nail & using a scary prop.  Oooooooh....be scared!


Next is for a theme of vampire.  Since I can't draw, I went with two puncture wounds from a vampire bite with red nail polish drips.  The red jelly nail polish with black shards is from Cascade polish & it is called Opera FTW.



Then we move to the theme of ghosts.  I made girly ghosts topped with cute little bows.  This is Blameless by Pure.


Next is the theme of candy corn.  I did a color gradient and added black to spice it up with a black & white glitter topper and a tape chevron nail.


Then we have haunted house.  I used Fickle Fairy Potions Orange-A-Peel and Foxy Lady lavendar and glitter topper Hallow's Eve.  I stamped a spooky house on it from Winstonia Plate 016.














Now we will move onto some of the Halloween Inspired nail polish.  The October A Box, Indied which is a monthly subscription box you can purchase on Llarowe.  All are limited edition polishes made only for this box.

Screaming Halloween is made by Jindie Nails.  I was excited about this one because I don't own any Jindie Nails polishes.  My favorite part about this polish that there is zero fishing for glitters.  They don't sink to the bottom so each dip of the brush brings up stars, moons & circle glitters.



Devoured is a beautiful deep purple holo polish by Ethereal Lacquer, again my first of this line.  Second photo I was able to capture the holo sparkle in the sun.






Next is Came Back Haunted by Black Cat Lacquer, which is a black holo jelly with multi-colored shards of glitter.  This was on top of a black base.



Then there is Luna Verde by Polish Me To Go, which is a bright green glow in the dark polish.  I also decided to add a little Frankenstein on an accent nail.




Lastly there is No Tricks, Just Treats by Lacquerlicious, a glitter topper that contains multi-colored bars, stars, micro glitters, hexes, small hexes & circles.




Happy Polishing!
Kristi aka @Beginnails

  Instagram

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)