Sunday, February 2, 2014

Beginnails' Sunday Six Week 9

Greetings and Nailutations,

Another week went by and you will soon see my nail art focus turn to Valentine's Day and heart/love themes.  I did not do as much nail art this week as previous weeks because I ended up getting that nasty cold that has been going around.  I know I was sick when I didn't even paint my nails a few days!

My first favorite was a swatch of City Light by Super Nails.  This glitter topper is absolutely beautiful!


Another favorite from Super Nails was the swatch of May Emerald birthstone glitter topper.  I loved the bright green spring color - can't wait for it to warm up!


Next was my nail art for the theme of "Cupid's Arrow."  I made a heart shape arrow head and little hearts everywhere.

Next was my most challenging mani, in a long time.  One of the gals I have got to know through instagram (Jessica, IG: @b_jessica_3) asked if I wanted to do "bestie twin nails" with her.  She is known for her beautiful water marbling skills.  I wanted to try to do water marbling again and was really happy with the result.  I also used her #pink polish from her indie nail polish line Drip Drop Nail Paint.  She definitely put magic in that bottle.


I was able to use my new Julep Valentine's color called Love, a gold and red glitter bomb.  I used some Nail Vinyls with red polish to get a cute chevron look on my accent nail.


Lastly is a mani that inspired a few folks to do this exact same design on instagram.  I love it because it is simple and easy and cute!  Red always looks great with metals (gold as in the above photo and silver below).


And that is it for this week….now, I'm going to watch some Superbowl commercials!
Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @Beginnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)