Friday, April 4, 2014

April A Box, Indied Review and Swatches

Greetings and Nailutations,

This month's A Box, Indied from Llarowe is themed "Rainbow" and is called "Every Color Indie Rainbow."  Get it??  Haha, I read it and it made me chortle.  This month includes a polish from Colors by Llarowe, Different Dimension, Dollish Polish, Girly Bits and Jindie.  The great part is that they are all holos!  They sparkle like a rainbow in the light (non-filtered light…).  I have photos taken in my light box (filtered light) and under my kitchen light. Also, just a warning….I apologize that the box is sold out, so you can't go purchase them.

Now let's get to some swatches!

First is Courage, Brains, Heart from Colors by Llarowe.  This bright magenta holo was so stunning under the light that is almost hurt my eyes!  Is that possible?  Yes!  The camera phone had a hard time focusing at times!  Formula was great, it was a one coater, but I did 2 and added a shiny topcoat.




Next up is The Lovers, The Dreamers and Me from Different Dimension, which is a royal blue holo.  The formula was wonderful and this polish could be a 1 coater, but I did 2 and a shiny top coat.





The third polish is from Dollish Polish called Twist of Lime.  Twist of Lime is a vibrant green holo.  It is a subtle holo compared to the 2 above.  This has 2 coats and a shiny topcoat.  There seemed to be some pigment clumps, which were a darker green that did not dissolve and shaking did not mix them.  The photos captured one on my ring finger (sorry).  I have tried other Dollish Polishes, which have been great, so I this has been a one time issue I have experienced.




Next is Girly Bits' Perry-twinkle.  This polish is a silver grey blue holo.  This stunner also had strong holo sparkle.  Photos show 2 coats and a topcoat and the formula was great.





Lastly is Blue & Green's Love Child from Jindie Nails.  WOAH!  When I went out to the light, that was my thought…WOAH!  A teal holo that sparkles in every direction!  This was a 1 coater, but photo shows 2 coats and shiny top coat.





Loves: um…hello, it was a box of holos!  Very pleased with the polishes this week.  Thank you thank you Llarowe!

Wishes: Only thing that needed some TLC was the pigment mixing in Twist of Lime.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @beginnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)