Sunday, May 11, 2014

May A Box, Indied Review and Swatches

Greetings and Nailutations,

This month's A Box, Indied from Llarowe is themed "The Deadly and the Beautiful."  This month includes a polish from Black Cat Lacquer, Hare Polish, Crows Toes, Contrary Polish and a cuticle oil from Glisten and Glow.

Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is Darling Wildflower from Contrary Polish.  Darling Wildflower is a stunning plum with flakies of gold and red.  This is my second Contrary Polish and the first I received was also with A Box, Indied - they do not disappoint!  Formula is perfect and makes application a breeze.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny topcoat.




Next is The Blooming Desert from Hare Polish.  What I love most about Hare Polish is that is it packed full of glitter with zero fishing and they remind me of a Monet....lots of colors up close and far away you see the concept.  The Blooming Desert is a Barbie pink jelly with orange and light pink glitters in hexes and squares.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny topcoat and a cactus charm.




Poison Ivy from Black Cat Lacquer is next.  Poison Ivy is a green jelly glitter bomb containing green glitters with a light green and gold glitter there or there.  Photos show 2 coats with sing topcoat.




Lastly we have Dead Man's Bells from Crows Toes.  Dead Man's Bells is a black jelly with purple hexes and teal micro glitter.  This concoction is absolutely gorgeous!  Photos show 2 coats with shiny topcoat.



Usually there is a 5th polish, but this month it was replaced with a cuticle oil scented in Honeysuckle.  While it does smell very good, it cannot replace polish (sorry, I can't lie...I'd rather have polish).

Loves: Ugh - this box was awesome!  Diverse colors and glitter combinations made my heart palpitate as I unwrapped each polish!

Wishes: I wish there was a polish instead of a cuticle oil.  While, I will fully support and continue to receive the monthly A Box, Indied, it doesn't mean I can't express my displeasure at not seeing 5 polishes.

Which is your favorite?  My favorite is Contrary Polish Darling Wildflower.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @beginnails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)