Friday, July 4, 2014

Cinema Swatch Lacquers The Notebook Duo Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have a duo from Cinema Swatch Lacquers, an indie polish maker who makes her collections based on movies.  I've actually ordered a few collection (*cough* all of them), but they are sitting in my untried pile!  This duo is based off the movie The Notebook.  Now, I know it was a book....and I read the book and in this case I must state that the movie was much better.  When I first watched The Notebook, I didn't really know what it was about and my mother and grandma were visiting from out of state.  Now imagine, 3 generations in a living room, passing a box of Kleenex around and "ugly crying"....yes, we were all bawling our eyes out and "ugly crying."  OK, enough with ugly, let's look at pretty polish!

Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is Noah, a golden brown glitter jelly.  Noah contains gold hexes and squares, brown hexes and squares as well as iridescent flakes floating in a light brown jelly.  Formula was easy to work with.  It reminds me of Noah's sandy hair and spark in his eyes.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny topcoat.




Then there is Allie, a lavender creme with a slight shimmer in the right light.  Allie was created to play off the soft lavender clothing that she wears in the film.  Great formula, application made it easy.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny topcoat.



Loves: great formula, fun themes.  Polishes are 5-free so they don't contain any of the 5 nasty chemicals that polish can contain.  The bottles are simply adorable - they are vintage and the bottles are what initially drew me into this brand.  All products are made in the U.S.A.

Wishes:  order to delivery time was a bit longer than expected.   I don't think she realized how popular she would be!

Stay connected to Cinema Swatch!
Store: http://www.cinemaswatch.bigcartel.com
Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/CinemaSwatch
Twitter: @gingerlynn
Instagram: @cinemaswatchlacquers

Shiny Top Coat: My Dream Polish Gem Glam Top Coat in pink sugar scent

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

1 comment:

  1. Oooh! I love Noah! That polish is gorgeous! Gotta check out her shop!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for your comment. :)