Wednesday, December 16, 2015

Candy Drop Duo Gets Cozy Swatch and Review

Greetings and Nailutations!

Today I have a Candy Drop Duo from Drip Drop Nail Paint (DDNP) and Candied Apple Polish (CAP)!  This was the November Duo and the theme was the Candy Drops Being Cozy.  This duo also came with some leaf decals/vinyl stencils from Snail Vinyls and cuticle balm from Sun and Moon Nail Care in the scent of Pumpkin Spice.


Now let's get to some swatches!
First up is a fun grey glitter crelly from Drip Drop Nail Paint called Cashmere Sweater.  Cashmere Sweater contains circles, squares and hexes in a few sizes in turquoise, light pink, magenta, purple and blue.  Formula is amazing and required no fishing for glitters.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat and macro with matte top coat.







Candied Apple Polish's contribution is called Drops Of Twilight, which is a creamy grey crelly.  I love this soft grey creme that has perfect formula.  Photos show 2 coats with a shiny top coat.






I also did some nail art using the vinyl stencils from Snail Vinyls.  I applied Candied Apple Polish's Drops of Twilight on my pinky and pointer, topped it with a shiny fast drying top coat.  Then applied the Snail Vinyls and a gradient of Liquid Kandi's Strawberry Margarita (pink) and Beach Ball (blue). I applied Drip Drop Nail Paint's Cashmere Sweater on my middle and ring finger and topped all fingers with a shiny top coat (1st, 2nd, 3rd and 4th photos) and a matte top coat (5th and 6th photos).







The Candy Drop Duo also came with cuticle balm from Sun and Moon Nail Care in the scent of Pumpkin Spice.  Unfortunately, this product had no scent (no hint of pumpkin or any kind of spice).  This is the second cuticle balm I have received from the Candy Drop Duo of Sun and Moon Nail Care with little to no scent.  :(  I prefer scented nail care items and the products I have received from this brand so far have sadly been a disappointment.

Shiny Top Coat: Gem Glam Top Coat from www.dreampolish.com
Matte Top Coat: Polish Matte'rs from www.girlybitscosmetics.com

Loves:  I love the Candy Drop Duos, it's a great way to get 2 new polishes from some of my favorite indies.  Both their formulas are always on point and their creativity keeps me loving them.  I also loved the vinyls from Snail Vinyls, they worked great!

Wishes:  I wish the product from Sun and Moon Nail Care carried more scent.

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you for your comment. :)