Tuesday, January 26, 2016

A Mini Indied Box Swatch and Review Part 1

Greetings and Nailutations,

Today I have half of the A Mini Indied Box, which was a collaboration box of 10 indies all providing minis for an affordable price.  What I love about this box is that it opened my eyes to a few new brands that I hadn't tried before.  Sadly, it is no longer available, but future ones will be available!


Now let's get to some swatches!

First up is Northern Star Polish's contribution called Moonlit Snow.  Moonlit Snow is a grey glitter crelly that contains silver micro glitter.  This soft grey has a perfect formula and applied nicely in 2 coats.  I topped it off with a shiny top coat.  As a side note, it also looks amazing with a matte top coat (no photos, but my instagram has a nail art mani using it with matte top coat).






Next is Pretty and Polished The Skies Are Falling, a beautiful glitter party on my nails!  The Skies Are Falling is a lovely holographic teal glitter polish.  It was very distracting when I wore it...do not operate machinery with it on!  Photos show 2 coats with a shiny top coat.







And now a purple...you know how I get with purples.  My eyes get big and I start drooling.  This is Lollipop Lacquer's This Fruit Was Bruised.  This is my first experience with Lollipop Lacquer and I was very pleased with the color and formula.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.








Gunpowder Lacquer is up next, which is a sky blue glitter crelly called Fallen Sky.  Fallen Sky contains little silver holographic flecks.  This was my first experience with Gunpowder Lacquer and again, I was blown away by the formula.  Photos show 2 coats with shiny top coat.







The last polish I'll be sharing in this part of the blog review is Life Is Short and You Are Hot from Lucky13 Lacquer.  Another new to me brand!  Life Is Short and You Are Hot is a red glitter jelly containing red holographic hexes in a few sizes.  Photos show 2 coats over a nude base (to remove visible nail line) with shiny top coat (1st, 2nd and 3rd photos) and matte top coat 4th and 5th photos).







Shiny Top Coat: Classic Top Coat from Northern Star Polish
Matte Top Coat: Polish Matte'rs from Girly Bits Cosmetics

Loves:  This is a fantastic way to try out new brands for an affordable price.  I also love minis, they are cute and the brush is easily controlled.  The 5 brands mentioned above, I loved all their formulas and I actually have difficulty selecting a favorite.  If I was forced, I would say This Fruit Was Bruised from Lollipop Lacquer (because of purple) and I really loved Northern Star Polish's Moonlit Snow as well.

Wishes: I adored all these 5, so I wouldn't change a thing!

Happy Polishing,
Kristi aka @BeginNails


2 comments:

  1. I like all of these, can't go wrong with a nice shimmer, etc (it's hard to get excited about creme finish, so that's what is interesting about indies)...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I totally agree! Putting a twist in a creme finish is really what pulls us all in! A little micro fleck, a little shimmer, some fun glitter!

      Delete

Thank you for your comment. :)